Monday, November 15, 2010

Hiking
by Al_HikesAZ

Question by julianachants: Do you have any fun camping, hiking and travel recipes for Summer snacks?

My family is planning a lot of camping, hiking and local travel to recreation areas this Summer. I am wanting to put together a list of ideas and recipes for some easy fun trail mixes, camping, hiking and travel food that my children can help me prepare.. Snacks and foods that carry easy with little to no mess or a lot of clean up, store easy and won't melt or go bad fast in the Summer heat... Kid friendly snacks would be great! Thank you in advance.. Have a great Summer!




Best answer:

Answer by blue
I suggest you search for Girl Scout recipes. There are several web sites that pro vide an abundance of recipes for outdoor use.

I like gorp. It used to be made of Post Sugar Crisp, M&Ms, and peanuts. It's an energy snack. One has to be careful today with the various allergies children have.

Dried fruit "chips" (slices) are fun to make and easy to carry and eat. Banana, apricot, apple, peach, all make good chips. Banana and apple are the least messy.





What do you think? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment